Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendation

just booked my tickets to London for first week in September and getting excited already !!

we (2 adults) will like to visit the usual tourist attractions for first time visitors. We are staying in London for 2 full days and arrival day before heading to Paris.

i really would like some help on recommendations for places to stay. we are open to hotel/b&B. need a clean place to stay. initial budget is approx $150 a night and can be stretched little bit if place is really good.

Posted by
713 posts

Your budget is about £120 at today's exchange rate. If you're taking the Eurostar to Paris a hotel near St. Pancras railway station would be convenient for your day of departure, especially if you are taking an early morning train.

With that budget you should check the Premier Inn chain of hotels. There's a Premier Inn right at St. Pancras that might fit your budget.

Of course if you're flying to Paris, then forget the St. Pancras location, but still look at Premier Inns - there are lots of them in London.

Look at the Transport for London (TfL) Tube (Underground) map. Hotels inside the Circle Line (which are also within Zones 1-2) are generally best located for seeing the most popular tourist sites. Some travel around within that area is required since it's not like everything is lumped right together.

Enjoy your stay!

Posted by
2026 posts

Check out the Luna and Simone Hotel. It is about halfway between Victoria Station and the Pimlico tube station...very convenient for transportation and all travel needs. Warm and friendly owners operated, nice breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms. Near your price point I think. We just returned after our second stay and will return again without looking elsewhere. Safe travels.

Posted by
2775 posts

The London Elizabeth Hotel is great, a two minute walk to Lancaster Gate tube stations and a seven minute walk to Paddington tube station. It’s across the street from Hyde Park.