Please sign in to post.

Hotel near Heathrow

Landing at Heathrow at 10:30 in the morning at Terminal 2. Leaving early the next morning from Terminal 5. Would like to spend the night and thus leave my bags at a hotel with easy access to Terminal 5, and then head into London for the day. Looking for a place to stay with easy access to Terminal 5 AND access to the Heathrow Express into London. Any suggestions for a hotel? And how long should I allow to get to Terminal 5 in the morning? It is unclear to me if the airport transportation is good or not. I see mixed reviews.

Posted by
1803 posts

The Sofitel listed above is linked to T5 via a walkway. No shuttle involved. I’m staying there later this month. It is often recommended here bumpy different forum members.

There are a number of hotels along the bath road corridor. They would involve a bus or car to get to and from. I recently saw a post that mentioned a hotel that is connected by way of (automated?) pod like cars.

Posted by
15018 posts

I've stayed at the Sofitel many times for the convenience. (Twice last month alone.) It's attached to Terminal 5 so the walk is just a few minutes. No transportation needed except what's attached to you.

The entrance to the Heathrow Express is even closer.

The Sofitel will cost more than the other hotels but for the convenience, to me, it's worth it.

Right near where you exit the terminal to get to the Sofitel is a Marks & Spencer Simply Food. It's a mini-supermarket with lots of prepared sandwiches, salads and snacks. It's open 24 hours.

Posted by
5326 posts

The pods from The Thistle have been back in operation for a while now, but note they cost £6 per person

Posted by
4 posts

One other question: is the Thistle convenient to a station to get into London - or would I just go in a pod back to T5 for that?

Posted by
8388 posts

My sister has stayed at the Thistle and used the pods. She thought they were fun, but she has subsequently stayed at the Sofitel for convenience sake. There is a video about using the pods so you can see what it is like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnu2nO3pxNk

You pay for the pods at the hotel desk, walk out through a parking lot and then board. I think you would take these to the terminal for transport into town.

Your time is limited with this overnight visit. Why waste more of it going back and forth on the pods? Everyone has different priorities which I respect, but I can tell you that I have reservations for the Sofitel in September because I have learned that sometimes it is worth paying a bit more for convenience, especially when traveling long distances.