Please sign in to post.
Posted by
26840 posts

If you haven't already done so, you might check to see whether those two hotels are listed on booking.com. If they are, read a bunch of recent reviews. You can only leave a review on booking.com if you've stayed at the hotel, so you don't have to worry about a bunch of fake reviews. That doesn't mean you won't run into some odd ones, of course. I stay in much cheaper places than you're looking at, but I've found the booking.com reviews give me a good idea of what I'll be getting.

Others have suggested looking at the guest photos posted on TripAdvisor. That's a good idea, too. I believe the photos on booking.com are all supplied by the hotels.

Posted by
8572 posts

Definitely follow acraven’s advice.

The first choice is in a Bloomsberry neighborhood close to the British Museum, and the Grant Museum of Zoology. Close to the tube.

You second choice is waaayyyyy far out of town and any cost savings will be eaten up by transport costs. Forget that one!

Check the Premier Inns.

Might consider the Ealing Premier Inn (7 min train ride from Paddington and yes you can use your Oyster Card. ) if you’d prefer staying in the burbs. Otherwise check the Premier Inn Victoria, County Hall or at Kings Cross

Posted by
6431 posts

Yes, based on location alone the Gower Street place is way more convenient than the Hendon Way place. From Gower you'll be able to walk to a lot of sights and have easy tube access to everything else. From Hendon you'll spend lots of time on the tube each day just getting to places you could reach much more easily from Gower.

Posted by
11037 posts

Just be sure to make a free cancellation booking