Please sign in to post.

Hotel at Heathrow

Our trip is now all booked except for the last 2 nights where we want to stay by Heathrow. We have either stayed at the Hilton in Terminal 3 or last year it was the Hilton in Terminal 5. I would rather not stay in either place again. We will be dropping our rental car at Hertz and then I'm thinking going to one of the Premier Inns (we will be flying out of Terminal 3). I'm confused as to how we will drop our car at Hertz and then get to a Premier Inn. What have people done in this case? Also, we will want to take the train into London on the last day. Any experience for us on the logistics for this? Thanks so much for all your help in the various areas of our trip planning!

Posted by
3772 posts

I recommend the Heathrow Marriott, 71 pounds per night.

Posted by
2455 posts

Sharon, for my final night by Heathrow, I have chosen Berkeley Park Apartments by BridgeStreet, studio apt. for £84 on Booking.com. Excellent location, excellent reviews. I can't speak from experience though, as I haven't stayed there yet.

Posted by
9363 posts

I stayed at the Premier Inn Terminal 5 (at the opposite end of Bath Rd from the other Premier Inn). You can take a free public bus (423) from T5 to their front door. It's about a 5 minute ride. It was very comfortable and quiet, and my room was just $59 (yes, dollars) through Hotels.com. It was just a quick ride back in the morning. You can easily catch the Piccadilly Line into the city from the airport.

Posted by
3772 posts

Nancy is right. That's a great deal. And Premier Inns are all excellent. I have never stayed at a Premier Inn that was a disappointment.

Posted by
1446 posts

OK - I did it. I booked the Premier Inn. Thanks!