Please sign in to post.

Hiring a driver

My husband and I are planning a trip to England in 2024 and would like to hire a driver. We hope to visit several locations, such as Bath, Stonehenge, Porlocke Vale before heading north the the Lake district where we would like to rent a house for a week or so. Can anyone suggest a company that has drivers for hire. Thank you.

Posted by
332 posts

Do you want someone to accompany you for the whole trip? Are you paying their food and accommodation?

Posted by
358 posts

This reads like you want someone to accompany you for the whole trip - I'm sure that's out there somewhere, but would be incredibly costly.

Posted by
2 posts

We are interested in the driver taking us to the different locations, before heading North. While we haven’t quite figure it all out, we had thought once we get to the house we will rent we can use trains, and taxis. We are looking for a company that provides drivers, details like providing hotels and food for the driver needs to be worked out. First step is finding the company. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Posted by
6856 posts

Blackberry cars is mentioned now and then on the forum, it could be worth asking them for a price. But as mentioned, this will not be cheap.

Posted by
1293 posts

So is it that you want a driver to take you on various day trips from Bath? That would definitely be more achievable and I am sure there are taxi drivers in Bath who would do this.

Posted by
7392 posts

I know it's beyond the scope of this particular post, but where in the Lake District are you thinking of staying?
You may well be able to use public buses to get around, depending where you stay but we don't have any trains in the Lake District beyond Windermere. They fringe the western, eastern and southern edges.
There was a passenger line to Keswick, which closed decades ago, and several schemes in the 19th century to build lines between Windermere and Keswick- which never came to anything.
We've just done a book on the closed lines of Cumbria!!
There may be other options to explore, like touring with the Mountain Goat Bus Company (this is their original home). But all of that is to explore later.
For now concentrate on the matters in this post.

Posted by
5149 posts

We used a car service based in Bath to go to the airport in Bristol, and would not hesitate to use them again for day trips. The site (if memory serves correctly) is chauffeurtravel.co.uk and the email address is [email protected]. We sent an email detailing our needs and had a reply within 24 hours. Not sure if they can meet your needs, but contact them and see what they can do.