Please sign in to post.

Highclere castle Tickets for May 2024

Hello,
We purchased tickets to Highclere Castle for May 4th, 2024 with castle entry between 10:00am and 12:30, however we think we would like a tour that includes other places as well. I haven't been able to find a tour that will allow us to still use our tickets and it looks like the tickets are non refundable and cannot be used for another date or time. (Not sure what I was thinking). I realize this is a long shot but is anyone aware of a tour that would still allow us to use our tickets? I hate the idea of them going to waste.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Posted by
1825 posts

Are you looking for a day tour that includes a visit to Highclere? Or a tour of a week or two that includes Highclere?

Posted by
8 posts

Hi,
I suppose I'm looking for a tour that will be in the area of the castle but doesn't include entrance to the castle so we can still use our tickets. I realize it's probably unlikely. Just trying to figure out how to use our tickets along with a tour, if possible.
Thanks!

Posted by
993 posts

I have been to Highclere Castle, and it is wonderful. Where are you staying? If you are using public transportation tfrom London then you will travel to Newbury and take a taxi to the castle. (5 miles). I guess you could always head back to the station and take the train West into Bath. (1 hour 9 mins) You don't need a tour to look around Bath - you can do this yourself. You can walk into town from the station and visit the Roman Baths and Abbey.

Posted by
5868 posts

From Newbury you wouldn't head west to Bath. That is a different line (unless you changed at Westbury, not an overly frequent service). You would go back to Reading twice an hour, change trains, then twice an hour to Bath.

Posted by
8 posts

Hi mpaulynsettle,
Yes, we are staying in London and planning to use public transportation. Thanks for the suggestion. We spent 3 days in Bath our last visit, so we were thinking more of the cotswolds this time. I saw there's a market in Newbury on Saturday's so depending on how difficult it is to get there from the train station, we may do that after Highclere.
Thanks again!

Posted by
5868 posts

Newbury station to market is a short easy walk. While it is open from 9 to 4 I would want to do the market first. Very often with such markets traders start packing up, or even sell out by early to mid afternoon. Even on the well known Skipton Market that happens, also in my own town traders are vanishing by 2pm. Aim to get there soon after 9, then book a taxi for maybe 11am to the Castle.

Posted by
993 posts

isn31c thank you for the rail-line correction. I was hoping my comment would bump up the post and provide some suggestions for the OP. Without a car, the Cotswolds are more difficult to navigate for sure. I think Highclere Castle will take up more of the day than you think.

Hello there, this is a huge long shot and I'm not sure exactly if it's what you were after however, we are looking for tickets on May 4th to Highclere for my Mum's 60th Birthday. They are totally sold out and so if you were looking to sell yours we would happily buy them off you.
Appreciate this may not be what you were looking for but thought I'd ask just in case!

Posted by
5868 posts

This has been asked before. The terms and conditions expressly prohibit this from happening-

Once purchased, Admission Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned. Please take care when booking as Admission Tickets will only be valid for the date and admission time specified with no exceptions made. If You are unable to visit on the day that Your Admission Tickets are valid, Your Admission Tickets will not be refunded or transferred.
Admission Tickets purchased through our Website are non-transferable and cannot be resold. Resale of Admission Tickets either directly or on auction or other web sites is expressly prohibited and is grounds for seizure of that ticket without refund or other compensation. Admission Tickets purchased in such a way will not be valid and any attempted entry with a resold Admission Ticket will be refused without refund or other compensation.

Posted by
8 posts

Hi Sophie, no we're not looking to sell the tickets but I hope you're able to go another time. Thanks anyway!