Please sign in to post.

Highclere Castle - August 3, 2023 at 12:30 - Two adult tickets for FREE as part of group of 4

If you are interested in substituting for our two friends who had to cancel last minute because of a broken ankle and a job lay-off, we have two extra adult tickets to Highclere Castle as part of our group of 4.

The tickets include entrance to Highclere Castle + Egyptian Exhibition and Gardens for August 3 at 12:30 pm (called "Midday"). These tickets are non-refundable and cannot be resold so we are offering them for free. (We also have two non-refundable train tix from Paddington to Newbury if interested).

The Highclere Castle admission tickets are already sold out for August 3, and we know how disappointing that can be! The tickets require that we would have to enter the grounds as a group of four together (even if we arrive separately).

Private message me if you are interested in the tickets.

Posted by
233 posts

"These tickets are non-refundable and cannot be resold so we are offering them for free. (We also have two non-refundable train tix from Paddington to Newbury if interested)."

Cavet emptor, the tickets are none transferable too.

Posted by
1861 posts

The Highclere terms and conditions just says 'Admission Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned...... Admission Tickets purchased through our Website are non-transferable and cannot be resold.'

A question - Do the tickets have everyone's names on them? If not, how do Highclere know you have 'transfered' them to a different 'friend'?

Posted by
3122 posts

Re: "non-transferable and cannot be resold" I am guessing that if OP purchased the four tickets, it should be fine. However, OP could call or email Highclere to make sure.

Posted by
2 posts

The Highclere Castle Ticket has my name on it as the "Purchaser" and lists "4 adult" tickets but no other names. That's it.

I appreciate the devil's advocacy here, but we are offering them for free, so caveat emptor or "buyer beware" would not really apply. We just thought to invite other people so two other Downton Abbey fans could have an enjoyable day and avoid disappointment since these tickets are sold out on the Highclere Castle website.

The reservation for the 4 train tickets from Paddington to Newbury does have our names listed, but I do not ever remember being asked for identification on a local train, merely for the ticket itself. Again, we are offering these for free.