Please sign in to post.

Hever Castle

Has anyone been to Hever Castle? How long should I plan for there? I am staying at the castle and had been planning on staying two nights, but a good deal has popped up for my other travel plans that could potentially make it one night at Hever.

I would arrive at Hever about 3 pm the first day and have 3 hours to tour the castle before it closes. I will have some time after the castle closes to explore some of the gardens. The next day my flight would leave at 5:20 from Gatwick so I would have until about 1pm to explore anything else.

Is this enough time?

Posted by
3122 posts

With the chunk of time in the afternoon and another few hours next morning, it looks like you'll be fine. (Unless you are a serious scholar of Anne Boleyn and her family, looking to dig up details not generally known?)

You will want to check the calendar in case any special events are occurring on the dates you'll be there, either interfering with or adding to your ability to enjoy the place.

Posted by
169 posts

I actually did part of my master's work on Anne Boyeln and the Tudor court. I find her fascinating. I doubt I am going to be given more access than any other person without it being part of an educational visit or research, which I don't have the time for right now.

I have looked at the calendar and nothing is listed for the time frame. I am going in late April so I don't think much is happening right then.

Thanks!

Posted by
8293 posts

I have visited Hever and the 3 hours you have is more than enough.. Two hours would probably be adequate but since you have a special interest in poor Anne, it will be good to have a lot of time.

Posted by
169 posts

Thank you Norma!

By only doing one day it is actually going to save me like $400 dollars in other transportation so I am glad to hear from someone whom had been there.