Please sign in to post.

Heathrow to Windsor

Seeking suggestions for the best (least expensive, reliable, timely) transportation from LHR to Windsor.

Posted by
6614 posts

We took the train from Paddington station. Not certain what the options are directly from the airport.

Posted by
16387 posts

When we went, we took the local bus from right outside T5. It cost around 5.30 GBP (I remember the price but do not recall if that was per person or for two of us!) and the ride took 35 minutes.

A taxi from the queue is much faster, but also much more expensive.

Posted by
11294 posts

A tip in Rick's book is that a black cab from Heathrow to Windsor is very expensive, while a Windsor-based minicab ("car service" in US parlance) is much less. I don't have the book in front of me, but I believe he recommends at least one minicab service for this, and there should be others.

Posted by
472 posts

We used Windsor Car last summer (2018), for 30 Brit. pounds. Big comfy car, big trunk, very good driver, quick trip. You can book online with them weeks ahead. Not the least expensive, but ah, the ease.

Posted by
12 posts

Any suggestions on where to keep luggage when visiting Windsor from Heathrow? Will Windsor Car hang around and hold luggage? I wouldn't think they would but I thought I read this somewhere. Just trying to check Windsor off the list while we'll be so close (LHR).