Please sign in to post.

Heathrow to Paddington?

Hi,
We're arriving on a Friday morning about 10:00 a.m.
Hotel is Kennsington Gardens Hotel, which lists as Paddington, but on the map it looks more like Bayswater.
For two people with luggage ( a checked bag and carry on each) would taking the tube, Heathrow Express, or a taxicab be the best option? If taxi is not that much more expensive for two than taking the Express for instance, then I'd probably go with that for the ease. But if it is much more, than I'd do one of the other options. Also, not sure how busy the tube would be at that time on a weekday morning. Thanks for any suggestions!

Posted by
15171 posts

Heathrow Express--fifteen minutes from Heathrow to Paddington.

The tube is cheaper, will take about an hour, and involves changing trains.

A cab from the airport will cost about twice as much as two tickets on the Heathrow Express.

From Paddington you can grab a cab or take the tube (Circle or District line) one stop to Bayswater and then walk the rest of the way. (I'd take the cab from Paddington at that point.)

Posted by
8710 posts

Try booking ahead online for Heathrow Express tickets....cheaper.... I fly the overnight flight from LAX and it's what I always use to get into London. I don't dawdle and am willing to budget the cost for the ease of it all. Heathrow Express!

Posted by
20238 posts

Heathrow Connect is only a little slower at half the price. Trains every 30 minutes.

Posted by
11294 posts

There can be deals for the Heathrow Express, for advance booking and for round trips (that's "return trips" in local parlance). Here are the prices: https://www.heathrowexpress.com/tickets-deals/prices-fares

If you do want a taxi, you can pre-book a car ("minicab" in local parlance) for less than getting a black cab at Heathrow. Just Airports is one company frequently recommended. Note the much lower price for using cash vs. using a credit card: http://justairports.com/

Posted by
16 posts

Thanks everyone. Very helpful information. Looks like the Just Airport minicab is less (if paid in cash) than two one-way tickets on the Heathrow Express. (I'm not far enough out date wise to get much of a reduced fare on the Express). Minicab will take a lot longer though ( I believe it's an hour vs. 15 min), so I just might go with the HEX anyway. Good to know the options!