Please sign in to post.

Heathrow to Bath

I'm flying into Heathrow from the U.S., arriving on a Saturday morning this September. I would like to start my trip with a couple of days in Bath before heading into London. I'll be traveling by train and what I'm finding is that the train takes you to the London Paddington station first and then to Bath (Spa station). I would think it would save time to just go straight to Bath, but that doesn't seem like an option. I am understanding the situation correctly? Thanks,

Dan

Posted by
14803 posts

There are two ways to get to Bath via public transportation without going into London:

1) There is a direct bus from Heathrow to Bath. It takes about 2:15...

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en

2) Take a bus to Reading and switch to a train.

Posted by
107 posts

You are
In 2019 (Sept 14) we did this. We took the 1:00 PM train to Paddington Station in time to get lunch. We took the GWR to Bath from Paddington.. Re arrived in time to take part in the Jane Austen fest. Prior to a Tour start. Hope this helps.

Posted by
470 posts

From where i live in the English Midlands it would appear the best way to Heathrow would be via Reading then bus
However experience has shown me that the quickest and cheapest way is via London
Suggest you consult www.seat61.com for information on rail travel in UK including how to book tickets from abroad

Posted by
585 posts

Take the National Express coach from Heathrow bus terminal. It goes directly to Bath, no changes. Your luggage is stored under the coach during the journey. Price always seemed cheaper than the train and I always had a much needed nap on the journey. Check the National Express website for current costs, times etc.