Please sign in to post.

Heathrow to Bath

In May we are doing the Best of England tour. When we land at Heathrow what is the best way to get to Bath.

Posted by
351 posts

Badger’s suggestion is one of the popular ways for this. I prefer trains to busses, so I would take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station, then take the direct train from Paddington to Bath. My preferred route is quicker but more expensive usually.

Posted by
14812 posts

Or bus directly from Heahthrow to Bath. No changes. Two hours and 15 minutes.

http://www.nationalexpress.com

Be aware that if you backtrack to Paddington and then take the train from Paddington to Bath, its first stop is......Reading.

Posted by
4730 posts

Plenty of people use the bus or train or a combination to get to Bath. But since you asked for the best way, in my opinion the best way is a private car service. Not the cheapest, but the best. We've used car services in different locations and our experiences have been that using a service based in the destination city works well as they always seem to know "the best way home". We used one based in Bath to go to the Bristol airport but we would not hesitate to use them from Heathrow to Bath. The web site (if memory serves correctly) is chauffeurtravel.co.uk and the email address is enquiries@chauffeurtravel.co.uk. We sent an email detailing our needs and had a reply within 24 hours. Not sure about the price since we didn't actually go from Heathrow to Bath, but by the time you total up bus / train fares, the hassle factor, time involved, all while being jet lagged on unfamiliar turf, it's a small luxury we feel is well worth the price.

Posted by
28 posts

I am also going on the BOE trip in May. I just purchased a seat on the National Express bus to Bath leaving from Heathrow. I am not in a rush and thought it would be fun. As mentioned above, it is to take 2 hr and 15 min. I thought it would be relaxing...and it is cheap...14 pounds! I am on the tour starting May 10th. Are you on that one?

Posted by
398 posts

"thought it would be fun"

Sorry, it won't be :-)
Pretty much boring motorway all the way. That said, it is normally comfortable, and when everything else is taken into account, no slower than train/train or Bus/train combinations.