Please sign in to post.

Heathrow Express

Yesterday I posted a question about the The Heathrow Express but accidentally posted it in Portugal.

However I still got some good information from the wonderful members in this forum so I am going to pass on what I have learned.

If you are going to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington, you can buy it in advance for 5.50 Pounds. But you have to buy it at least 90 days in advance. You have to select a day but you can use it on any train for that particular day. You do not have to pick a time.

Otherwise you have to pay 25 Pounds, a lot of money.

Posted by
1802 posts

If you can’t get the £5.50 fare then you can try the Elizabeth line. A few more stops and no dedicated luggage rack. But cheaper than full fare on the express. It might actually get you closer to where you want to go too.

Posted by
16193 posts

The Elizabeth Line does have more stops in London than the HEx—--it continues past Paddington. The fare from Heathrow is £12.80, with no discount for advance purchase.

Posted by
332 posts

Is your destination Paddington? if not the tube or Elizabeth Line may be better options.

Posted by
1917 posts

yes, my destination is Paddington. My hotel is on Bayside. I will be able to walk to my hotel from Paddington.

So The Elizabeth Line will also take me from Heathrow to Paddington. Good to know.

Posted by
5326 posts

There are other discounts still available off the walk up fare that are of a lesser profile these days that don't require to book so long before - the Duo Saver return, Group Save etc. Plus children under 16 go free anyway. Not much else for the single traveller apart from Railcards though.

Posted by
32713 posts

My hotel is on Bayside.

¿¿ Bayswater ??

Posted by
1917 posts

yes, Bayswater. I am very close to Lancaster Gate Station and a short walk to Paddington.

I will learn the address of my hotel before October. In fact, I will have written it down in a small notebook that I will be carrying with me..

Just joking but I have often had. a little fantasy of putting a sign around my neck reading "In Case You Find Me ...."

Posted by
713 posts

Just joking but I have often had. a little fantasy of putting a sign
around my neck reading "In Case You Find Me ...."

You're not the only one. Just saying.

Posted by
2399 posts

People are getting wise to the fact that the Elizabeth line trains from Heathrow are cheaper than the non stop Heathrow Express Trains - which terminate at Paddington. From May, the Elizabeth Line trains will continue right under London and out on the eastern side.

Posted by
5326 posts

It brought to my mind Paddington Basin. Not brought up much here but it is a development along the canal behind Paddington station accessible from the Bishop's Bridge Road entrance. Has a number of restaurants & at least two hotels and someone I know was complimentary of the Premier Inn there and the walks around it.