Please sign in to post.

Heathrow airport hotel

Has anyone have suggestions for hotels connected to Heathrow airport in London for quick and easy access to international flights? Our research shows terminal 3 is the one to Target.

Posted by
1 posts

Our family have used the Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport T2 & T3 (Bath Road) several times over the years for overnights before flights from Terminal 2 and 3. The hotel is on the Heathrow Hotel Hoppa bus routes for easy access to/from the terminals. We've found the hotel to be clean, comfortable, quiet for its location, has easy check in and a left luggage facility. It also has a decent restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Can't comment on the parking as we have never had a car.

We will be staying there again this July, arriving in the late evening from Berlin and flying out the next night for Sydney. On previous occasions, we have gone in to London for the day or to Windsor but this time we're planning to go to Highclere Castle (aka Downton Abbey).

Posted by
15596 posts

There are two hotels sort of adjacent to Terminal 3.

The Aerotel is in T3. It's more of a budget option and I don't know much about it.

A ten minute walk away, underground and via moving sidewalks part of the way, is the Hilton Garden Inn T2 & T3. I have stayed here numerous times and recommend it. It's really just outside T2. If I have a late arrival or early morning departure from T2 or T3 this is where I stay.

There are other hotels near T4 and on Bath Road. They all require either a train or bus to get to them.

Posted by
987 posts

Surely you should be targeting a hotel close to the terminal you will be flying from, rather than choosing the hotel first? All of LHR's terminals have at least one hotel very close. A hotel at T3 won't be nearly as convenient if your plane is going to leave from T4 or T5.

Posted by
230 posts

We stayed in the Aerotel last summer. It was convenient because we had a very early flight the next morning from T3. It is literally in the terminal (you don’t even go outside). As expected and described, our room was small and windowless. But we were only there to sleep after having spent a few days in London and it was very quiet. A potential downside is that there aren’t many food options. We just needed a quick light dinner so the M&S convenience store in the terminal worked for some sandwiches.

Posted by
413 posts

Another vote for for Hilton Garden Inn Terminal 2/3 IF you are flying in/out of Terminal 2 or 3.

If you are flying in/out of another terminal, please specify because that will likely impact the answers you receive.

Posted by
6888 posts

Not all US flights leave from Terminal 3. I was there recently and coming home, I left from Terminal 4, so I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express located at the terminal.

As someone else mentioned above, definitely book your flight before you book your hotel. You could wind up spend 30-60 minutes getting from your hotel to the terminal if you choose unwisely.

Posted by
3247 posts

Ditto what Mardee says:

As someone else mentioned above, definitely book your flight before you book your hotel. You could wind up spend 30-60 minutes getting from your hotel to the terminal if you choose unwisely.

I always fly in and out of Terminal 5, so it makes now sense to me to book a hotel at T3 when you have no idea what flights you will be on.

Posted by
16765 posts

“terminal 3 is the one to target”.

Is that because you have booked a flight departing from T3? Then that makes sense. But as others have advised, if you have not booked a flight yet, do that before you book your total. Depending on the airline, you could end up departing from any of the terminals.

Posted by
20 posts

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. We do have our flight booked leaving from terminal 3 so we Will choose one of the hotels suggested closest to that terminal.