Please sign in to post.

Heathrow Airport hotel

Any suggestions for a night's stay before a mid-morning flight? Convenience is most important factor. Departing terminal 2 for Croatia.
Deb in Naples, FL

Posted by
18 posts

Jazz, what is the best option for getting to and from this hotel?
df

Posted by
7903 posts

Heathrow has a shuttle serving most airport based hotels (the Ibis Heathrow is included)

Here are the details
https://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hotel_hoppa_bus.htm

you take a shuttle to and from the airport it is 4.50 pounds one way and you can book it online here:

http://www.nationalexpress.com/airports/heathrow-hotel-hoppa.aspx?awc=2197_1486269992_6b80904fa09095bfcfa4da950f633be7&utm_campaign=affiliatewindow&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=Independent+Travellers+Toolkit+for+London

or wait to you get there at a desk in arrivals hall

Posted by
15181 posts

You have two choices at the Airport itself:

Terminal 4--Yotel (Yotel books by the hour so you pay depending on how long you plan to stay.)

Terminal 5--Sofitel

To get from these terminals to terminal 2, you take either the Heathrow Express (Terminal 5) or Heathrow Connect (Terminal 4) to Terminal 1,2,3 station. It's free.

I've stayed at the Sofitel a couple of times and it was very nice.

Posted by
9422 posts

There's also a Hilton hotel located in one of the terminals. We loved it.

Posted by
1540 posts

I always stay at the Skyline Sheraton across the road from the airport - they have a free shuttle to the airport.

Posted by
2788 posts

I stayed at the Ibis there in June. Great price. I have stayed at many Ibis hotels in Europe. I was surprised that they did not provide a free shuttle to the airport though. Too far to walk. If I remember it cost about $10 US r/t.

Posted by
5332 posts

For the Ibis, use any of the 105, 111, 140 regular bus services for free to Terminal 2.

Posted by
970 posts

Be sure to factor in the time the bus takes to wind from your hotel back to your departure terminal for that mid-morning flight. You can find it in the search results on the National Express site. I've seen 45 minutes for some routes.

Posted by
56 posts

We have stayed in Eton and Windsor on our last two trips to England. Very charming area and not far from the airport in the morning. So much nicer than an airport hotel!!!!!