Please sign in to post.

Heathrow

After completing our tour of Ireland, we'll be flying into Heathrow from Dublin. Does anyone have an idea how long we'll be involved with the off-boarding process? We'll be taking a train from Heathrow to Bath and I would like to reserve our train tickets in advance.
Thank You, Jesse

Posted by
6416 posts

Not what you asked, but cancel the ticket and buy a ticket from Dublin to Bristol instead. Dublin to Bath via Heathrow is quite a detour.

Posted by
8457 posts

Well, you cant take a train from Heathrow to Bath, it would require you to take a train into London (about an hour) and then back out to Bath. That would waste a lot of time. Perhaps consider the National Express coach service?

Posted by
332 posts

No train from Heathrow to Bath. You can:

Take the Elizabeth Line to Paddington and board the train there

Or take the RailAir coach to Reading and board the train there

Or take the National Express coach to Bath

Posted by
332 posts

Although flying to Bristol not Heathrow is by far the easiest option.

Posted by
3 posts

I appreciate the information from everyone. I was aware that I would have to take a train to the London Paddington Station and from there to Bath but I never thought about flying to Bristol. I'm going to look into this option. Thanks everyone for your input. Best regards, Jesse.

Posted by
15063 posts

Bristol is only 30 minutes from Bath.

The other nice thing, thanks to the common travel area, flying FROM Ireland to the UK is like a domestic flight. No immigration upon arrival in the UK.

Posted by
6416 posts

but I never thought about flying to Bristol. I'm going to look into
this option.

Normally Aer Lingus has 2-3 daily flights between Dublin and Bristol. They would be a much easier option.

Posted by
3 posts

We now have our flights booked to Bristol with our transportation and hotel reservations for Bath in place. I would once again like to thank everyone for your feedback.

Posted by
1016 posts

I would recommend getting a taxi to Bath. You will save so much time and it won’t be that much more for 2 people.

Posted by
332 posts

We now have our flights booked to Bristol with our transportation and hotel reservations for Bath in place.

Good idea, so much easier.