We will be going from Edinburgh to York via train and I was considering stopping part way, renting a car or taking the #122 bus, and touring some of the wall. Some questions I'm trying to sort through...
1) Would it be more convenient to train to Newcastle or Carlisle?
2) What about taking the train to Carlisle and driving the wall to Newcastle? or vice versa?
3) Or should we just train into and out of the same location and if so, which location?
3) Is it easy to get a car at either location... and drop off at another location?
4) What are the "must-see" spots if we are only going to be there for 1/2 a day?