Please sign in to post.

Good restaurants tower bridge area?

Obviously, Tower Bridge is extremely popular and touristy. Is there any place around Tower Bridge that is not touristy or a tourist trap that serves good food at average prices? The kind of food does not really matter, could be pizza, british or asian - it should only be good. does anyone have a good recommendation?

Posted by
11156 posts

You will have many choices at the Catherine Docks area near the Tower Bridge. Nice waterfront area. We had a dim sum lunch at Ping Pong which was quite good.

Posted by
5261 posts

The restaurants in St Katherine Docks area are mainly chains and not particularly good ones either. The problem with asking for restaurant recommendations is that tastes are subjective. Someone's interpretation of what is good may not be the same as yours.

I'll be staying in the Tower Bridge area next week and I'm looking for restaurants right now. I've found quite a few that I'd like to go to but I'll be dragging my two kids along so that screws things up!

Posted by
16254 posts

We spent three weeks in an apartment on the south side of the Thames near Tower Bridge, a bit downriver (Shad Thames). There were lots of restaurants, some expensive, others in the moderate range.

The one I would recommend for moderate prices ( especially for early dining) and nice food is Côte Brasserie, part of a smallish chain. We went pre-theatre and had the three-course prix fixe menu for under £15 each. It on the Thames Path at Hayes Galleria, closer to London Bridge than Tower Bridge, but a nice walk. It was nearly empty when we were there around 6 pm and definitely not "touristy."

https://www.cote.co.uk/restaurant/details/haysgalleria

We also liked All Bar One ( yes part of a chain), a "small plates" type of place with an eclectic menu. Right on the Thames Path ( with outside seating) at Butlers wharf. Turn left on the path after crossing Tower Bridge. This place is trendy, with a young vibe but friendly service. We had small children with us so had to finish by 7 pm.

https://www.allbarone.co.uk/national-search/london/all-bar-one-butlers-wharf

And there is a nice Italian trattoria one block off the Thames Path in Shad Thames, but I cannot recall the name. My son, who lived in Florence for a year and appreciates good Italian food, chose this one and we were not disappointed. It was mostly a deli and wine shop, with a small dining room adjacent. I will see if I can identify it on Google maps to find the name.