Please sign in to post.

Gatwick Express

I am flying into Gatwick on Nov. 20. Is the Gatwick Express running? It says it is closed on one website and open on another site. If it is closed, what is the best way to get to London White Chapel area?

Posted by
223 posts

Far as I’m aware it’s running. It’s one of several operators who run trains at Gatwick Airport so there will be an option for you regardless.

To get to Whitechapel you can take Thameslink from the airport to Blackfriars, then change to the tube’s District Line to Whitechapel

Posted by
32894 posts

its my bedtime so I won't search to be sure, but if I were doing your journey I'd use the Thameslink train regardless. No need to go to Victoria.

Thameslink will take you to London Bridge (on the south side of the river) and Blackfriars (over the river) and City Thameslink (north of the river). Except you are arriving on a Saturday so City Thameslink will be closed. The trains run through on a weekend but don't stop.

So Thameslink to Blackfriars, short walk up to Ludgate Hill (St Pauls is at the top of Ludgate Hill) and get a number 15 bus to Tower Hill and walk or a second bus (don't know which one - what part of Whitechapel (one word) are you going to??)

Or Thameslink to London Bridge and bus (don't know which one for the same reason above).