Please sign in to post.

Football tickets

Hey, guys . How and where to buy now football tickets in London for October?

Posted by
903 posts

Premier League football tickets are very, very difficult to obtain. Luckily for you kick off times for TV have been fixed for October, so at least you know when the games will be. When are you in the U.K.?

By and large most Premier League games are sold out. One or two clubs have schemes where season ticket holders can put their unwanted tickets into resale, but they are by and large sold to club members and may well only be single tickets.

A more guaranteed way to get tickets is the hospitality route - these can be very expensive but will get you into a game Buy only direct from the club or one of their approved suppliers. It is illegal to sell football tickets from third parties not approved by the relevant club.

There will be EFL games where tickets will be readily available. Many football fans would feel that the atmosphere at EFL games is better than the Premier League.

Posted by
402 posts

I agree with the the above, very difficult unless you are prepared to pay for "hospitality".

Look at the Championship - Decent standard of play, usually a good atmosphere. Watford, Queens Park Rovers and Millwall are the London clubs in that league.

Posted by
1041 posts

As an Arsenal member myself, I can tell you that you have to be an Arsenal member in order to get tickets.

I vouch for the recommendation to see a Championship game. Saw West Ham at the old Boleyn Ground when they were in that league, and the atmosphere was fantastic!

Posted by
4051 posts

To avoid confusion, the Championship is second-level football. A couple of this year's participants played in the top league last season but were demoted. Every team in the Championship yearns for promotion with the fame and money that comes with moving up.

Posted by
32885 posts

just to avoid any confusion about Luton Town FC they are, for the moment, in the Premier League, not the Championship where they usually reside.

Posted by
117 posts

Like darren, I am an Arsenal member and I can tell you it was very difficult to get tickets for a match (we went last season). If you can't get tickets to a match, but have a club you support, don't hesitate to go to a pub nearby and watch the match. You will definitely find other supporters who also couldn't get tickets.

If you don't have a club, I think the suggestion of the league below Premier League is great.