Please sign in to post.

Flying in April 23rd. Looking for hotel under 200USD/night (London)

My wife and I are flying in on April 23rd with another couple. I would like to find a room for under 200 USD if possible. We are hoping to stay somewhere close to the central line for easier access to the tube. Any good suggestions? Have we waited to late to get the best deals?

Posted by
6113 posts

By your Central line reference, I assume that you are staying in London?

As that’s the week after Easter and some schools will still be on their holidays, you are several months too late to get the best deals. Look at the Premier Inn chain, as they operate in many locations.

You don’t need to tie yourself to the Central line, as some of these locations are 15 miles outside the city centre. The main sights are spread across a wide area, so no single tube line will serve all destinations. You probably want to stay within the Circle line.

Posted by
32795 posts

It is unusual for somebody to specify the Central Line as a requirement - there isn't much along it (other than St Pauls Cathedral and shopping on Oxford Street) to draw folks to it. You say you want to stay near that line for easier access to the Tube.

Could you elaborate please? Is there something specific on the Central Line which cause you to spend most of your time on that line?

Posted by
32795 posts

Are you aware that it is exceedingly rare in London to find a room with two double beds - you will have to be looking for two rooms; one for you two and one for the other couple. Are you hoping to spend under $200US - which is around £150 today - for the four of you or for each couple?

Posted by
73 posts

Try the Thanet Hotel in Bloomsbury- about equidistant from Holborn and T-court Rd stations. I booked a twin toom for that exact same week for 148 GBP. I’ve stayed there several times. It’s family owned, breakfast cooked to order, a quiet street. No lift though. Good luck.

Posted by
16321 posts

The Premier Inn Holburn has double rooms that night for £149, so just under $200. It is £127 if you wish to prepay.