Please sign in to post.

Flight costs

It appears that the fees to fly overseas from Nashville have gone up considerably.
I flew to/from Dublin in 2018 and to Paris from Rome in 2015. What happened?

Posted by
6113 posts

Are you flying at a different time of year? Winter flights are usually cheaper as there is less demand. Have any airlines stopped flying into Nashville?

Posted by
112 posts

I flew in August 2018 and spring 2015. I'm looking to fly in May 2020. I don't know about any cancellations out of Nashville, I'll check.
Between the round trip and parking fees, it's almost double from previous trips.

Posted by
7360 posts

Wow - double. Has the airport in Nashville assessed any new taxes or fees? That wouldn’t explain the whole increase, but airlines might be passing those costs on to customers.

Or is there less competition - have any airlines stopped serving that airport?

Is it worth the time and effort, if there are cheaper flights at another airport in the region, to go there and fly out of it?

Posted by
922 posts

Have you tried Google Flights? I am seeing R/T to London for as low as $644 for an 11 day trip in May.

Posted by
8141 posts

We're flying on British Airways nonstop BNA to LHR and connecting to Berlin for $411 the end of March. My next door neighbor caught a $365 round trip out of Nashville to Europe the other day.
Nashville's fortunate to have Frontier, Allegiant, Jet Blue and Spirit flying out of there--in addition to a large Southwest hub. Few southern airports have such a lineup which means their airfares should be the cheapest anywhere around.
As far as flying to Europe inexpensively, you can fly Jet Blue or Southwest inexpensively to Boston where you can catch cheap flights to Dublin, London Gatwick, Barcelona and Rekyjavik. And you can also get to Orlando where Norwegian Air Shuttle flies out of .

Posted by
112 posts

Thank you everyone. I clearly need to do a better search.

Posted by
222 posts

It is hard to say. I have never paid over $748.00pp for a non-stop round trip flight. We actually have round trip to Edinburgh May 2020 for $588.00 a piece from TPA. In 2017 I found a sweet deal from Miami to Paris non-stop for $428.00 pp. I typically buy my tickets in September for our trips in May. I find international travel for me to be cheaper from March-May. Completely agree about the budget airlines from Nashville. I would totally hop on a flight to Boston or JFK and take a chepo international!!!