Please sign in to post.

Favorite travel blogs

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I am looking for some new travel blogs. What are your favorites? In general, Europe travel. Specifically looking for British Isles, senior travel, slow travel, sustainable travel.

Thanks in advance!!

Posted by
29 posts

There is a YouTuber named Mark Wolters whose channel "Wolter's World" gives great tips on traveling (just about anywhere!) you may want to check him out. Not really a "blog" per se, but full of useful info.

Posted by
223 posts

A good one for europe (in particular) as well as the rest of the world is graciamc.wordpress.com.

Posted by
180 posts

Thanks for the responses. I am not a YouTube watcher. I prefer to take in information by reading.

Mardee: Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to do a search first.

Posted by
1894 posts

In my experience looking at blogs, there are two types.

The first type is typically hosted by a traveler who writes. These are blogs that give tips, tricks, itinerary suggestions, and ideas for things to do in various places. These blogs often consist of lists, such as Top Ten ways to save money in England, or Best Cheap Hotels and Hostels in Berlin. Sometimes in these blogs you'll see two "opposite" lists, such as "What to do to avoid jet lag" and "What not to do if you want to avoid jet lag."

The other kind of travel blog is typically hosted by a writer who travels. These are more focused on telling stories and sharing experiences about travel. Sometimes these blogs also give advice, but if you're looking for tips, these aren't the blogs for you. These blogs will entertain you and perhaps inspire you.

If you are looking for new travel blogs, think about which kind fits your interests more, and seek those out.