Please sign in to post.

Father's Day in London, 2016?

What are the best places in London to celebrate father's day or any special events occurring in any places. Please let me know, I need to take my father and I need to give a surprise on that day.

Posted by
32746 posts

Wow, that's a broad question.

With nearly 10 millions of people in London there are probably 3 or 4 million favourites.

Old father, young father.. boats, hills, skyscrapers, restaurants, parks, gardens, and dozens of other choices.

With zero information about you and even less about your father who could answer?

I take it that you are already in London?

Posted by
8667 posts

http://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/fathers-day-in-london

Emma is right.

Personally if my dad were still alive I'd join him for a stroll along the Thames. Maybe from Tower Bridge up to the venerable Mayflower pub where we'd have lunch and a pint or two. Or a stroll in the Hampstead Heath to see the Hampstead Rugby team at play and then a pint with the team at the Duke of Hamilton. Check the clubs website to see if there is a match on Fathers Day.

Or if he's the type of dad who would appreciate some personal pampering take him for a proper shave at the barbershop located in the Taylor of Old Bond street. Not cheap but a very special treat. Afterwards have a coffee while sitting in the park across Jerymn Street or tea and scones at Fortum and Mason?

Would he care to ride a bike around Hyde or Regent's park?

Does he like theatre? How about catching Jesus Christ Superstar at the open air theatre in Regents Park?

Enjoy whatever you chose to do with Dad on Father's Day.

Posted by
9567 posts

What a poignant response,Claudia. My dad (and several other members of my family) is (are) coming over for what I imagine is his and my mom's last visit abroad. Makes me think even more about those strolls, those meals, those discussions. Very moving.