Please sign in to post.

Family trip for 7 (ages 13-74) to London in April 2025

We'll be arriving from the US in London the day before Easter, 2025--not the ideal time but our granddaughters' Spring Break--staying at a VRBO until the following Saturday. Our granddaughters (13 & 16), who the trip is planned around, are interested in all things royal. We are trying to stay budget friendly. I am far from a travel planner, but after being frustrated with a local "expert" I am going to give this a try on my own. We want to see the "highlights" of London-- 1) Buckingham Palace, Changing of the Guard, Royal Mews, 2) Westminster Abbey, 3) Tower of London, 4) a West End musical theater performance, 5) Windsor Castle being the main ones, with visits to Trafalgar Square, The Queen's Walk, St. James's Park, some of the markets, and just some walking around. We'd like to get into Sky Garden but are not sure how easy it will be to get tickets. Should we book early entry tickets to the mentioned sights? What sights listed above would be the best to book a tour for to enhance our experience? We would also like to take a day trip to a nice village using public transportation. Every tour we see is to the Cotswold area and therefore we figured everyone would be going there, so we'd like suggestions for other places. Any advice on using the tube and affordable places to eat near the sights indicated would be appreciated. Wish me luck--this is NOT my strong point!!!!

There are no replies to this topic.