Please sign in to post.

Express Day 2 PCR test in London 24/7

Hi,

We are landing late (close to 1AM) in Luton's Airport.

I couldn't find a place that offers express Day 2 PCR test (6-12 hours result) that works at night somewhere around London/Luton Airport.

Have you heard about something like that? My intention is to get out of the self quarentine as fast as we can, and I am willing to travel/pay as needed.

Thanks.

Posted by
6113 posts

As far as I am aware, there isn’t a 6-12 hour PCR test available. Results take 24-72 hours. They want to genome sequence the results, which takes longer to ensure you aren’t bringing the new variant in.

You shouldn’t be travelling miles for a test, just in case you are positive!

Posted by
5 posts

Biogroup provides rapid pcr testing with 6-12 hours turnaround for 89£.

As Biogroup doesn't work at night, I was looking for a better solution, one in which I can earn the time of night for the turnaround.

It's odd that no one is providing night PCR testing, there are a lot of tourists that would use it, it would have been a good business.

Posted by
32747 posts

the criteria for the required PCR tests has been tighten up a lot. The previous fast PCRs are no longer meeting the criteria. Expect a 2 day wait for results.

Posted by
6113 posts

This week’s changes have been announced at short notice. Lots of people returning home plus tourists are all trying to convert their booked LFT to a PCR test. I would expect due to the surge in demand that results maybe nearer 48 hours than 24.

If you are positive, you need to quarantine until you get a clear PCR test. Several double jabbed people that I know have tested positive even though they weren’t exhibiting any symptoms.

Posted by
14998 posts

There isn't a lot of demand for 1 am testing to keep labs open.

Your best bet is to make an appointment at one of their clinics first thing in the morning.

Posted by
234 posts

I’ve had no trouble finding quick turnaround PCR day 2 tests since this rule change (I was on a trip when the rule change happened, have since returned and am heading off on another, so this is current information). The Regenerative Clinic in Marylebone, which I’ve mentioned on here before as I always use it because it’s down the road from my flat, offers options for 3-4 hour turnaround, same day results, and next day results. I am sure there are other providers with these options, so I’d find one near your accommodations and book a 4 hour turnaround test first thing the morning after your arrival. You’ll pay quite a lot but you’ll be free by early afternoon.

Posted by
8 posts

Just back from London. My family chose to be tested at https://katalysthealth.uk/ . I’ll start with great price and good locations. Swabbed on site by them. Results quick. Keep reading! KEEP READING!!

There was a testing error with our daughter’s sample? She was retested immediately the next morning for free at the same location. You can imagine to the panic! Testing error on their part.

At the airport both mine and my spouse’s test reports were dated inaccurately. The test report had dated both our samples as being swabbed two days earlier than the true date. An error discovered while queued at the airport. Panic and a call to the lab. Corrected reports resent from the lab within 1/2 hour.

This company has high ratings. Get your test just inside the required time (72hr window) and check your results thoroughly.

Posted by
32747 posts

Debbie, that sounds like your trip home test. The question here is about the UK arrival test. That's not 72 hours, that's 2 days, and quarantine until results negative.

Posted by
6534 posts

FYI, the 3/4 hour express test at the clinic Margaret mentioned costs £399. The same day result test cost is between £129 and £189. The next day result cost is £69-£99.