Please sign in to post.

Eurostar to Paris

We are leaving from London St Pancras Int'l on a Friday The 8:01 Eurostar for Paris. I am not familiar with the logistics and security around international train departures. What time should we arrive at the station to ensure we make our boarding?

We are traveling Standard Premier and our luggage will be airline carry-on.

Posted by
775 posts

This is the Eurostar webpage that gives the arrival time suggestions. Scroll down:
https://www.eurostar.com/us-en/travel-info/your-trip/check-in

This says 90 minutes at St Pancras. It doesn't do any good to arrive too early as they board trains by departure time. Travelers are held outside the departure area until time for boarding.

The suggested arrival time has always been included on the ticket delivery email when I have taken the Eurostar. Did you book yourselves?

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks so much for the info. Have not bought tickets yet and the necessary arrival time may impact our chosen departure times. Not early morning people.

Posted by
4412 posts

there are vlogs about taking Eurostar, watch a few to see the procedures. after Brexit it has become more complicated and takes longer, and apparently they play all kinds of games with pricing.

Posted by
32788 posts

first thing is get you from your hotel to the station - where are you staying?

Posted by
15047 posts

Just keep in mind you will be doing alll the passport checks and stamps, as well as security, prior to boarding the train. When you arrive in Paris, you just walk off and go on with your day.

It's also best to go by the official Eurostar website rather than a third party reseller.

Posted by
7317 posts

Any Schengen zone international further trains on the continent will be simple walkups on the train platform, without immigration formalities, except for a return to the UK.

Posted by
5 posts

We are staying close to Trafalgar Square. I am hopeful that early AM on a Sunday will be a 15 minute cab ride.

Posted by
32788 posts

have you changed your plans from Friday to Sunday?

Posted by
11 posts

Please allow at least 90 minutes. We took the Eurostar from London to Paris last year and it took us the full time. The lines for security and passport control were very long. Patience was required!