Please sign in to post.

English Heritage Membership

Can I become a member of the English Heritage Foundation and receive the newsletter by email and discounted entry to the over 400 historic sites throughout England? Im leaving for England this week and I’ll be there for 5.

Thank you,

Posted by
6113 posts

I am a member of the National Trust, not English Heritage, so I don’t know the details, but you need to check that the places you want to visit will still be open in November. Many NT places close at the end of October.

Posted by
32505 posts

and many English Heritage places have no roof so may be chilly in the winter, even if they are open (I haven't been an EH member for many years choosing instead to throw in my lot with the National Trust).

Posted by
4137 posts

As I recall , National Trust , including National Trust for Scotland , is available in the States as Royal Oak Foundation .

Posted by
5239 posts

Yes you can. I'm a member of both, NT sites tend to feature a lot of natural places which are good for walking the dog whereas English Heritage focuses more on castles, ruins and other buildings of historical value. Membership can be bought for overseas members for a set period, in my opinion the English Heritage pass would be the better option (unless stately homes are your thing).