Please sign in to post.

Disneyland Paris

Has anyone made the trip from London to Disneyland Paris? We are considering doing that in 2025 and are interesting if anyone has done that, and, if so, whether they thought it was worth it. Thanks!

Posted by
9 posts

Good question. No, we would go for a couple of days at the beginning or end of the trip.

Posted by
11193 posts

If you want a couple days at Paris Disney, I would book multi city air tickets, into Paris home from London ( or the reverse) so that you make the Paris-London trip just once.

Posted by
1022 posts

The direct Eurostar train from London to Disney is no longer running (Brexit checks have reduced capacity and this route was a casualty) so it’s not as easy a journey as it was.

Posted by
6916 posts

You can still travel from London to Lille-Europe on Eurostar, and change there for Marne La Vallée/ Disneyland, so you do not have to travel via Paris.

Posted by
7684 posts

I have always wondered how different Disneyland Paris or DisneylandTokkyo are different from those in the USA? What is the draw for Americans?

Posted by
1654 posts

I've been to every Disney in the world, except for Shanghai Disney. I'm not American, but the draw for us to go to Disneyland Paris was that, at the time (2010), it was the only Disney in the world we hadn't visited, and our daughters wanted to go while we were in Paris, so we did. It was my least favourite Disney.

We visited Disney Hong Kong and Disney Tokyo while we were in those cities, again, because of our kids. They were very good sports about trooping around to everything we wanted to see, and we always tried to include activities that were special for them. Disney Hong Kong is very small and does not have a lot of the major attractions most other Disneys have, but it has its own special charm, and we loved it. We were there during the lead up to Lunar New Year, and all the decor and entertainment was focused on that. Tokyo has two Disneys: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. It is the only Disney Sea in the world. It is organized around different "seas." e.g. The Arabian Sea area has the Aladdin attractions and shows, among others. It also has a couple of rides no other Disneys have. We enjoyed it a lot.

Sorry for the tangent, bshirg. I can't really answer your question, because we visited from Paris, so it was an easy, short trip. I, personally, would not find Disneyland Paris worth the trip from London, but only you can decide if you want to do that.

Posted by
5274 posts

Been to DLP twice, can't recall why I went for a second time other than for the kids. The first was via Eurostar but that route no longer operates. The second time was via a flight from Southampton to Paris Orly where we picked up a rental car and drove to the Marriott resort nearby (we stayed there on both visits).

Having been to Disney World in Florida (hated that as well!) I would say that DLP would be a big disappointment in comparison even if you were a Disney fan. Personally I don't think it's worth the travel from the UK.

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks, BB. To be honest, our family sounds a bit like yours. Our kids love to go to Disney World and Disneyland and, if possible, would like to go to every Disney park in the world. On paper, from a practical perspective, I think you are right-it probably isn't worth the time and expense unless you love Disney parks. Thanks!

Posted by
431 posts

I was at DLP this past September without kids - just me and my two 65 and 75 year old friends. We were already staying in Paris and went to DLP on the last night of our trip. I've been to WDW as well as Disneyland/California Adventure numerous times. I'm glad that we went to DLP but I'm not sure I would necessarily go back. We purchased the two park option and that is what I would recommend. It was fun to see it and the price was quite a bit less than it would have been in the U.S. It is a very visually pretty park and had some rides and attractions that were new to me. I would say that if you and your family are Disney fans, it is probably worth it but just go in with the expectation that it isn't quite as "magical" as WDW or the original Disneyland.

The trip was easy via the metro, which drops you off mere feet away from the park entrance.