Please sign in to post.

Day Trip to Cotswolds from Bath

We will be in Bath in mid June 2023 for four nights and I would like to book a day trip from Bath to The Cotswolds (I have no interest in driving in the UK). Has anyone taken a day trip/tour from Bath and, if so, who would you recommend? Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted by
4412 posts

The "Cotswolds" is actually a region with many towns, so you should use Rick's book or similar to hone in on where and what you want. I researched similar trips recently and there are tour companies that will do this on your behalf if you don't want to DIY.

Posted by
41 posts

Thanks for your reply. In terms of specific areas of the Cotswolds, I'm not too particular about specific towns but would like to have the opportunity to sample a "days' worth" of any number of towns a tour company might offer. I've seen tours on Viator and Tripadvisor in this regard. May I inquire what outfit(s) you had experience with? Thanks again!!

Posted by
3768 posts

You're welcome, Michael. While you're in Bath, I recommend trying The Scallop Shell restaurant (reservations needed). Best fish and chips we had on our last trip to England!
It's a favorite of members on this forum.

Bath is one of our favorite places in England.
Great restaurants, lovely buildings, and do take a walk over Pulteney Bridge.
Do go to the Roman Baths and to Bath Abbey.

Posted by
41 posts

Again, many thanks Rebecca for your kindness and great suggestions. I will definitely check these places out.