Please sign in to post.

Day 2 Covid Test

As required, we have booked our Day 2 Covid tests with Prenetics Project Screen for 69 BP each. They will give us a code to input on our Passenger Locater Form which we must complete before our flight. Prenetics will deliver the self-test kits to our hotel address and we do not have to be present when they are delivered. Hotel staff may accept them on our behalf.

We will do the tests ourselves and put the completed tests in the provided envelope with pre-paid postage and drop it in the mail. Prenetics will do the rest, giving us a website for checking our results. Travelers choosing this method may want to book a couple of days at their first hotel to ensure delivery.

I will post an update after out flight to London Sept 28 to report if it all worked out the way it is supposed to.

Keep on traveling'.

Posted by
7357 posts

Hope all goes well with your test, and that you can proceed on your trip without complications. It must be reassuring to have gotten your test arrangements done ahead of time. Cheers, and fantastic travels.

Posted by
32747 posts

is the code not on your digital receipt? Should be. You need to enter it on the PLF.

Posted by
79 posts

What exactly would be the protocol if one came up positive on the day two test? Even with the pre-flight test gone it seems that they will still require the day two test. I'm hoping to come up to the UK in Later October for a bit after a planned Italy trip. While I'm sure the risk is very small, I want to understand the process and cost, etc. in a worst case. Would I be expected to undertake a self quarantine at a hotel/B&B or my choice and for how long I wonder? Maybe I would be released from my obligation after an all clear test such as at day 5. Now I don't think this is the case but hopefully I wouldn't be required to check into one of the expensive official quarantine hotels.

Posted by
35 posts

Ordering the test today....I assume the code will be on the receipt. As mentioned in a previous post about the Yorkshire Dales, a lot of hotels in Kent were also already booked. Are Brits traveling a lot this October?

Posted by
79 posts

In pricing out accommodations I'm finding things quite expensive in Cornwall even the last week of October. This was the year of the 'Staycation' in the UK I think. Looks like the Penwith will still be pricey even then if I get there. Glad to see covid rates have come way down in Cornwall after the summer youth surge caused them to really spike.

Posted by
35 posts

Covid Day 2 Test update.

I went online and ordered the Day 2 test in the Uk from Project Screen by Prenetics (an approved company). Using their website, I added the 2 Day Test to our cart and paid for it, then set up an account and profile for the two of us, which will be used for getting our results. We had to enter our passport numbers and upload copies of our vaccination records.

It went smoothly until we entered our hotel's address. I put in the postal code and the hotel automatically came up.. I clicked on it and all the empty boxes for the address were automatically filled. However, I was not allowed to continue. After some consternation, my wife noted a slight difference in spacing between the actual hotel address and the manner in which the auto system inserted it from the postal code. We ended up deleting the boxes and manually inserting the hotel address and it worked.

We received an email from Project Screen with a receipt and the Passenger Locator Number which must be entered into our Passenger Locator Form prior to arrival. It also included instructions of how to self take the test when it arrives at our hotel, returning the sample, and obtaining the results.

One advantage of having the account is that we intend to travel to the continent and we can use the same testing company for the 2 Day Test when we return to the UK and will not have to go thru all these digital machinations again. However, it requires a day or two hotel reservation in advance so you can receive your test kit.

The process has been more difficult than we expected. Our desktop has suffered much verbal abuse and it seems I've spent more time with Covid compliance than planning our itinerary, but my wife reminds me we used to have to go thru customs at every border and change money. Ours is a first world problem...

Keep on traveling....

Posted by
117 posts

School half term holidays are around the last week in October so that is why you are seeing hotels etc booked up.
I would check to ensure that the predeparture tests are not needed as I think exemption may only apply to U.K. citizens as the moment.
Also I have used Randox tests several times now with ease and they are at least £20 cheaper each than the ones you have booked. May be worth a go for your return trip from Paris.

Posted by
35 posts

Thank you for that. Pre-departure tests are still required until Oct 4th, when they are no longer required for anyone. Of course, we depart Sept 28. I'm finding a lot of no vacancies in early and middle October in Kent and Yorkshire.

We actually fly to the Netherlands from the UK and their entry test is required within 48 hours of departure. Where in the UK can we get a test and results within this 48 hour window? The airport testing sites say results next day; however, we really don't want to waste a night staying at the airport.

Posted by
32747 posts

the same companies you've looked at also do "Fit to Fly" which should comply with Netherlands. They'd know.

Posted by
117 posts

The company that I have used for day2 tests have had a quick turnaround with PCR results. I deposited my day2 test in collection box yesterday before 3pm (pick up time) and had results emailed today 5.40pm.
Lateral flow fit to fly test certificates have been more or less immediate following uploading of results both proctored and self administered.

Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated to any company but have a house in Spain which I have travelled to several times this year and therefore have done a few of these tests.

Posted by
14 posts

Getting a little desperate, finally got on ExpressTest after nearly a week of frequent tries. Completed everything and got to checkout and response was couldn’t do Day 2 test on day of arrival. We are leaving October 6 and will be in Warwick initially. Any suggestions appreciated!

Posted by
53 posts

Double check that you're clicking on the Amber Arrivals test with this description: "Single Arrivals PCR Test for those who have been fully vaccinated in the EU (EMA, SwissMedic), USA (FDA) or UK (NHS) Amber List Arrivals: Mandatory Day 0-2 Test"

There are other Amber Arrivals tests for mandatory Day 2 (NOT Day 0-2) and Day 8 arrivals, for unvaccinated people.

Posted by
35 posts

Our understanding is the UK has dropped the green, amber, and red countries regime and gone to only green and red rules effective for arrivals after 4 AM on Oct 4.

All readers are advised to go to the UK.gov website for the current requirements.

Posted by
53 posts

That's correct, but "rest of the world" (i.e. not red country) arrivals still have to take a Day 2 test; they just don't have to have a negative PCR test before arrival.

Posted by
3 posts

Looking into my arrangements for the 2 day testing after we arrive in London. This info was helpful - thank you. We'll likely do the delivery to the hotel as well, just for convenience. Thank you!