Please sign in to post.

Cruise in nov.to the northern European ports from Southampton

Thank you to the ones that answered my previous question.we are going in Nov to Southampton for an MSc cruise .one of the ports is Hamburg there is no info ..on Rick Steves northern European ports .please help me in what to do . We are going with 2,grandkids ages 7,and 10 ourselves 77and 78.and the parents.yes is. Not the best time but we needed to go when the kids were on vac from school.thanks so much for your kind. Help.

Posted by
501 posts

Firstly, there are many other guidebooks available as well as visitor info websites for pretty much any town you might visit as a tourist. Rough Guide and Lonely Planet guidebooks are both excellent.

For Hamburg, given that your group is a mix of adults and children, I’d suggest that one absolutely don’t miss attraction is Miniatur Wunderland. I have no interest in model trains and yet I was absolutely entranced and spent several hours there. https://www.miniatur-wunderland.com

It’s not clear what your other ports are but perhaps it would make sense to post in the appropriate country forum for each one.

Posted by
358 posts

Wunderland is indeed great

Maybe a harbour tour, or a walk around Speicherstadt. The free botanical garden is nice too. Plan for a long lunch though as Hamburg only has so much to give

Posted by
3861 posts

ToursByLocals.com has tours specific to cruise ships. On the banner, the link is on the right. Even if you don’t use them, one of the tour descriptions could give you ideas.