Please sign in to post.

Covid - United Kingdom May/June 2023

As the title says, I am travelling to the United Kingdom from Canada in May/June 2023.

With new testing travel requirements being announced in Canada related to visitors from China, I’m wondering where I can find the latest government (official) requirements for entry to the UK from Canada. I’m worried that there will be new vaccine requirements or testing rules. What could the UK ask for in the future? There are so many different websites that I’m lost trying to find the “official” one.

Our party has either 4 or 3 covid vaccinations, so we will bring proof of that and I”m planning to bring some rapid tests.

Posted by
627 posts

This is the link I used to keep up to date -- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Relevant for you is --

==>"Travel from all other countries and territories
When you travel to England, you:

do not need to complete a UK passenger locator form before you travel
do not need to take any COVID-19 tests before you travel or after you arrive
do not need to quarantine when you arrive
This applies whether you are vaccinated or not.

It includes people who are transiting through England."<==

Posted by
4385 posts

Last month there were no restrictions coming or going. It is impossible to predict what life will be like in May or even next week.

Posted by
5256 posts

I think it will be unlikely that travel restrictions will become anything like they were at the peak of the pandemic. The main reason for the travel requirements for visitors from China is because the country is being particularly vague about it's figures and is not openly sharing data regarding virus mutations and variants. Canada is not in the same league as China when it comes to transparency so it's highly unlikely that visitors from Canada will be subject to similar requirements. The opinion from government medical advisors is that travel restrictions are generally unnecessary because the virus is so prevalent in the UK, Chinese secrecy is the only reason that restrictions are in place.

Posted by
4385 posts

Here's what no one can know - if a new variant suddenly appears and spreads quickly, restrictions could come back. Here in LA the health dept. is recommending that after the long holidays, people mask up for the next 10 days just because.