Please sign in to post.

Cotswolds

We are traveling to England and will be spending over a week in the Cotswolds. Does anyone know of a good detailed map of this region?

Also, we want to stay in the Stow On The Wold area as a base. Has anyone stayed at or heard any reviews on Corsham Field Farmhouse? This lodging establishment is located just outside of Stow On The Wold.

Posted by
1286 posts

Buy the most relevant Ordnance Survey (OS) map(s) on arrival in the UK, probably on arrival in the Cotswolds (more likely to have the best choice for the area). You may be able to buy them via Amazon for instance if you'd prefer them prior to your arrival. Search web for 'Ordnance Survey' for full details of what is available - there are several different scales available.

I'm sorry I can't be more forthcoming on Stow on the Wold and your accommodation - not my neck of the woods!

Have a great trip.

Ian

Posted by
2422 posts

Click this link and you will see at at the centre of the map. (You can drag the yellow man down to the road to take a closer look). Zoom out to see wider area. Looks to me like it is nowhere near a bus stop - and buses would not be frequent. I would say that car hire is essential. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Corsham+Field+Farmhouse+Bed+and+Breakfast+in+the+Cotswolds/@51.923202,-1.6870337,733m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487128ca18d291c5:0x4505e0b2f2e451b4!8m2!3d51.923202!4d-1.684845!5m1!1e1

Posted by
214 posts

We have stayed at Corsham about 10 times.....love it ! Stow is a good base, I use my iPad to bring up the mapping of the area, I zoom in and screen shot them, then I have an instant map when I need it without using data.

Posted by
1010 posts

We used Andrew Guppy, Cotswold Walks, last summer. He planned eight nights in the Cotswolds for us. Our driver, who picked us up in London, even took us to see Highclere Castle for two hours.