Please sign in to post.

coin laundry in London?

Hi there,

I am hoping to find a reasonably affordable way to wash and dry my clothes during my 2-week stay in London.
Wondering how much the coin laundries usually go for and whether there is anything diff about this experience as compared to that in the U.S. that I should be aware of? Would appreciate any insights!

Thank you!

Posted by
358 posts

Depends exactly where but about £6 for a wash, dryers are about £1 for six minutes. But you could find wide variations.

Posted by
1075 posts

https://www.laundryheap.co.uk/

We used this service a couple weeks ago and were satisfied. They pick up and drop off from your hotel front desk (you don’t have to be present).

Edited to add - I realized you asked about a coin laundry, but we had a really hard time finding one near our hotel, much more difficult than when we went to London several years back. It seems the "do it yourself" laundries are getting to be farther and fewer between.

Posted by
6568 posts

Search “launderette, London” in Google maps. A number will show up. Hopefully one will be near your hotel.

Posted by
15067 posts

London is a big city. How about telling us where you are staying and if it is a hotel or an apartment.
If it's a hotel, they'll probably know of nearby places.)

Laundrettes are available and some have drop off service.

Posted by
7569 posts

Just will add, while we went through the UK pretty much cash free, Laundries were one of the few places where you needed hard cash, coins specifically.

If the place is older, or smaller, they likely have not updated to contactless pay.

Posted by
2746 posts

There is a launderette on Lambeth Walk, most of the way through towards Black Prince Road.

Posted by
10 posts

There’s a branch of Easylaundrette actually in Morrisons at the Aylesbury Centre in Peckham. Not quite central for the tourists but not that far from where you lot seem to gather and it takes card. It’s all in one so you don’t need to worry about detergent etc.

Posted by
32801 posts

I never knew that folks here on the Forums make journeys, nor yet had gatherings, in Peckham. Looking for Del Boy maybe?

Posted by
32801 posts

for those not in the know, Morrisons is a northern supermarket with some shops in the south.