Please sign in to post.

Christmas Lunch in London 2018

Hello all: We will be spending Christmas in London this year and we're looking for a nice restaurant or pub for Christmas lunch. We'll be staying very near to Trafalgar Square so something within reasonable walking distance would be good.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Ron

Posted by
11335 posts

Here’s a starting place Where to Eat on Christmas Day which looks like will be updated as the season progresses.

A few years ago when we were there for Christmas I used Bookatable to research and book.

Note that reservations ar essential and some places are very high £££.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks, Laurel. That's a good list but I'm still searching.

All the best,
Ron

Posted by
8681 posts

Ron, simple way to find something close to your accommodation is to use the Google Maps satellite view.

Put in the address of your hotel and then search for pubs and restaurants nearby.

Then check their websites. For example:

Seems a Nicholson’s pub The Porcupine On Charing Cross Road ( depending on the location of your hotel a 10-25 minute stroll) is offering a Christmas Lunch.
https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/london/theporcupineleicestersquarelondon/christmas#

Enjoy the solitude on Christmas Day. If weather permits good time to stroll along the Thames or into and around St James Park or further afield, Hyde Park.

If early risers the Peter Pan Cup race at the Lido in Hyde Park is silly fun.

Posted by
4335 posts

Nothing special, but the Trafalgar hotel served meals that day when we were there in 2014 and I think it was cheaper than the places serving a special Christmas dinner.

Posted by
5 posts

I really appreciate everyone's input. I am looking into a number of them. The Trafalgar Hotel is a good idea as its very near to where we stay.

Posted by
5 posts

I forgot to mention that we had drinks on the roof of the Trafalgar Hotel last summer and it was marvelous.