Please sign in to post.

Chipping Campden LODGING

HELLO, I am interested in hearing from anyone who may have stayed in Chipping Campden in an inn or B&B. We would like to go in September or October (finally) to do some of the walks in the Cotswalds. Have any of you stayed in Molly's Cottage ? WE had a potential reservation at one of the inns that Rick Steves recommends, but when I called back after researching travel options, and calling back two days later to confirm, we were told it had been booked, so now back to square one. We are looking for a one bedroom with ensuite bathroom with a good, powerful shower. Interested also in Lambs Inn in Burford/Bourton on the Water.

I appreciate your opinion of the accommodations I mentioned, as well as any others that you think are great. A clean place, good breakfast, and accessibility for parking would be important.

Thank you in advance !

Sue

Posted by
101 posts

We always stay at the Lygon Arms. Thirty years ago it was cheap and had bathrooms down the hall. It has upgraded and is beautiful. Right on the Main Street with a pub attached. Chipping Campden is our favorite Cotswold village. Good Choice.

Posted by
7845 posts

We stayed at the Volunteer Inn and loved it. Rooms were spacious. Also, the best pub in town is there as well as a great Indian restaurant.

Posted by
115 posts

I also stayed at the Volunteer Inn last summer and really liked it. My room was fairly spacious and comfortable. I don't remember anything about the shower pressure; it must have been okay. The pub is excellent as is the Indian Restaurant, and the staff are very friendly. There's a lovely beer garden in back, though the grass is artificial, which seemed a bit odd. Still, I enjoyed several pints of Guinness back there over the course` of my three night stay :)

Posted by
174 posts

Thank you all for your information. Still researching!