Please sign in to post.

Cherry Court Hotel

My wife and I are arriving at Heathrow airport on the 12th of Oct at 2130 hrs and we need to get to our hotel which is the Cherry Court hotel in Pimlico near the Victoria station can you advice us on the best way to get there from the airport?

Posted by
32713 posts

At that time of night, as the tube is winding down - it will likely be close to 11 by the time you get out of the airport - a taxi or a car service will whisk you to the hotel very quickly.

Does the hotel know that you are arriving late? Their reception closes half an hour after your plane lands.

Posted by
5 posts

When does the Tube close for the night? and we did let the hotel know about the late arrival. Would the taxi or some other car service be better and could I reserve it ahead of time we are flying out of Athens, Greece.

Posted by
32713 posts

The 12th of October is midweek so it wouldn't be covered by the 24 hour tube as it spreads it tentacles anyway - weekends only and only on 2 lines at the moment.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/tube/first-and-last-tube
TfL says that the last Piccadilly lines to town midweek are from T4 at 2335 and from T5 and 1,2,3 about 20 minutes later, arriving at Hammersmith where you need to change (or Barons Court) about 40 minutes later. Note that the 2400 dep from T5 and then T1,2,3 doesn't go beyond Hammersmith.

The last 2 District Line trains from Hammersmith or Barons Court are at 2358 and 0020, about 14 minutes to Victoria.

That's after you expect to arrive and normal times at Heathrow. But you never know when a delay will creep in.

Still, in your shoes, I'd go for the car waiting from a reputable company like JustAirports. Door to door, ready when you are. And, for the record I always take public transport and never a cab or minicab, but for me that would be too late.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you so much for the info I never have taken a taxi either but as you said it is late and don't know if there will be a delay so I better take a private car I will get a hold of justairports.

Posted by
125 posts

We stayed at the Cherry Court Hotel in June, it is a very short walk (3-4 minutes) from Victoria Station. Easy if you do not have much luggage. If following a map app on a smartphone, ensure it is set to 'walk' and not 'drive'. I made this mistake and we had an unplanned walking tour of the area due to the one-way streets!

I should add that this is a fine budget hotel. The space is tight but the rooms are very clean. We did not spend a lot of time in the room so it fit our needs. The fruit and yogurt provided are an excellent way to start the day. The people are very pleasant and helpful. We found wifi best sitting on the landing between floors.

Posted by
1265 posts

For a car service I would recommend Just Airports. I've used them a couple of times. From Heathrow to SW1 the cash price is £32, credit card price is £48. Check them out at www.justairports.com.