Please sign in to post.

Cherry Court Hotel

Thinking about staying at this hotel because of its location. Anyone have any experience with it?

Posted by
1036 posts

Yes. Use the Search function above and you'll find lots on this hotel. Nice location, but I would stay elsewhere next time.

Posted by
3207 posts

When we stay in downtown London, we always stay here (> 5X). Rooms are small, but clean. The mattresses have always been very comfortable. Mrs Patel, the owner, is charming and worth the visit in itself. It's a good location, there are nearby restaurants in Pimlico, and the Victoria stations are around the corner. It's a nice small hotel that feels more like a B&B in atmosphere, but has the privacy of a hotel. We find it is an easy walk to Buckingham Palace or Parliament, but the public transportation is great. We also tended to take the local buses more than the tube around town and they are easily accessible outside the train station. St George's pub on the corner has a nice relaxed breakfast, if you want more than the basket, which we often used for snacks.

Posted by
521 posts

I stayed here a year ago and will be staying for one night next week again. I really like the location and as a single woman traveling, I felt very safe. And the single room I booked was very very small and I ended up breaking a toe walking into part of the moulding that stuck out- Kind of put a damper on the rest of my sightseeing but I managed! Still, for the price and location and the kindness of the owners, I think this is one of the best deals around and this time, I will be very careful walking around the room LOL!

Posted by
1113 posts

I just got back from a 6 night stay in May. It’s less than a 10 minute walk from Victoria Station so easy access to tube and busses. If you’re coming from or going to Heathrow, it’s so simple to take the bus from Victoria Coach station instrad of dealing with the tube and transferring lines. My room was small but clean and had a/c. They even did load of laundry for me but be warned they do not fold them! Mrs Patel was wonderful and always had ice ready when I asked for them 😉. Hugh street is also very quiet. I didn’t go to St George’s Pub but I went to Treats across the street from it for breakfast crepes and gelato as needed.

Posted by
90 posts

I asked about Cherry Court Hotel and was given great information. I ended up staying there for 4 nights and was very satisfied with the hotel. The location was perfect. A block away from Victoria Station. The hotel was very clean. They gave a fresh fruitbasket with breakfast bars every day. Towels were changed every day and the room was cleaned every day. Mrs. Patel loaned me an electrical plug when mine didn't work. She is very nice. On the negative side, the bedroom and bathroom were very small. I was next door to a couple who had the same size room as I and I don't know how thy managed.
Overall, I'd recommend the hotel for singles.