Please sign in to post.

Ceremony of the Keys

After many, many bad gateway timeouts, I am in the queue for July.

For anyone who is interested, I got in!

There was no or limited availability for several dates when I got in but I focussed on the first weekend. Saturday had one ticket but Sunday, July 7 had more.

Not sure if the queue is still going on but if you are interested, here are my tips:

1. Be there promptly at 16:00 BST
  2. Plan to get nothing else done until you are in the queue - ignore your family, pets, work
  3. Keep refreshing your browser. You may have to exit the hrp.org.uk site and re-enter multiple times. You will feel like the site is crashing. But keep exiting and re-entering. I cannot emphasize this enough. It took a good 15 minutes of this on two devices to get in the queue.
  4. When you enter the queue, have faith and pay attention to your place in line. Towards the end, it moves very quickly.
  5. Even if you are 467 in the queue, you have a chance. I had another device on there and am in the site and there are still tickets towards the end of the month.

UPDATE: I checked around 18:20 BST and July was sold out.

Posted by
267 posts

Hello,

I would say around 50 minutes: 15-20 minutes of active refreshing on two devices and 30 minutes of virtual queuing during which time, I could attend to Monday morning work email catch up from Eastern time zone colleagues The process to buy the tickets once the calendar was available took 2 minutes, if that.

Posted by
8558 posts

I think I must have hit it just right when I purchased mine for June 5 minutes in and out. No waiting.

Posted by
267 posts

Enjoy! I would love to hear what it's like.

I checked with my friends and neither can make it. I'm going to contact HRP to let them know I have two extra tickets. They may be able to put them back on the website. I am not concerned about a refund and consider it a donation.

Posted by
99 posts

Sandra, I am so sorry you didn't get to go it was really great.

In terms, of you being able to give your tickets to anyone else, I don't think that is possible because they read the names that you registered under off a list and only those people could enter.

I don't get the complicated rules. it is all done by the computer so it doesn't matter if it is a holiday or a Friday, but no one is asking me! We needed tickets for May, so the first business day in April was a Monday but that was Easter Monday, so I waited until Tuesday morning. The tickets are released at 1600 London time, so that was 1000 to me. I got on at 0945 and watched the countdown and immediately was put in the queue. I don't know if May wasn't in as much demand or people didn't factor in Easter Monday but I was #52 and had my first choice in less than 10 minutes. If you look at the sight today, it will only show that it is sold out through July, but doesn't give any information about when August becomes available specifically. It looks like August will be released Monday, July 1. Always know the holidays and that if the first business day of the month is Friday, you will be able to get them the next Monday! Good luck!

Posted by
8558 posts

Just did this last week. You gave the name on the reservation and the number in the party. There was not a request for ID.

Posted by
99 posts

We had the same experience as Carol, they did not ask for IDs even though in their instructions for the evening, they emphatically stated they would ask for them. So, I suppose as long as you know the name to give, you could use someone else's reservation.

Posted by
267 posts

All the tickets are in my name as I understood we went in together.

I go on July 7 so will report back then. One of my London friends has a friend who is interested. I've met him before and he might be bringing his teenager. So the tickets won't go to waste - I checked and HRP doesn't accommodate returned tickets for the ceremony.

Posted by
33164 posts

when I went on a Member's Evening Ceremony of the Keys in March I needed to provide Names, membership card and tickets.