Please sign in to post.

Car Service from Heathrow

Hi!

Apologies as I know this question has been asked before - but I can't find the post! We are scrambling (arrive in London Wednesday morning) and have not reserved a car service to transport us from the airport to our hotel ... wondering if someone could recommend a service or two? Any insight on if you can make reservations this close?

Posted by
6406 posts

Where is your hotel? There are a number of good options like the Tube and the new Elizabeth line.

Posted by
5786 posts

On Wednesday no tube will be running due to the strike, and Elizabeth Line is expected to be much busier than normal.

Posted by
569 posts

Blackberry Cars is mentioned a lot on this forum. Addison Lee is the car service I have experience of. I Googled using the search term "airport cars Southall" and looked for good ratings last time this question came up. Southall is the neighbourhood near Heathrow. Last time we looked prices ranged from £50 - £85 / 90 to Paddington. £120-or-so for a minivan sized vehicle.

Posted by
125 posts

Thank you all!! Just contacted Blackberry Cars!

Our hotel is near Buckingham Palace.

Can't believe we leave tomorrow evening! Never fails that I think I have months to plan and then the departure day sneaks up so quickly! My husband and I are traveling with our 2 young children so we have minimal things booked and look forward to discovering and wandering each day with a few day trips mixed in! (Windsor, Highclere Castle, reservation at Sky Garden)

Posted by
6406 posts

On Wednesday no tube will be running due to the strike, and Elizabeth
Line is expected to be much busier than normal.

Apparently not.

Posted by
5786 posts

On Wednesday no tube will be running due to the strike, and Elizabeth Line is expected to be much busier than normal. Apparently not.

It was correct at the time it was written, Badger. The tube strike was called off about 2 hours ago.

I've already put that on at least two other posts, and have just PM'd a 3rd case where I have been constructively and behind the scenes providing advice.