Please sign in to post.

Canceled flights?

I've read British Airways has started canceling some flights...

We were planning to leave to London then to Germany next Friday. Weve decided that staying in the UK may be better.... but now with the possibility of flight cancellations I'm worried. What if we are there and they cancel our flight back? I've never had this happen before... what happens then? They book us on next flight? Are we out money for having to stay longer... ??

Posted by
5470 posts

What if we are there and they cancel our flight back? I've never had this happen before... what happens then? They book us on next flight? Are we out money for having to stay longer... ??

You would need to work with the airline to get you on an alternate flight home. Take their customer service numbers with you and check the flight schedule regularly.

Posted by
71 posts

I actually have tickets to London and then a different set of tickets to Germany, so no worries there. :)

Posted by
1570 posts

I read on British Air’s website that they are cancelling flights from March 16 to March 28 from London to France, Italy, and a few other European countries, and JFK. When do you return home? I agree with others that you need to call British Air and find out what happens if your flight home is cancelled. I am under the impression, but I could be wrong, that it is their responsibility to find you another flight home.

Posted by
5311 posts

In most cases flights are being consolidated so in effect it will be a time change. This happens automatically although sometimes a booking falls through a crack and you need to rearrange yourself through manage my booking online, although if you didn't book direct with BA then you need to contact your agent.

Posted by
317 posts

Sounds like you have your flights to Germany booked already. As to your specific questions regarding what the airlines will do - that is a question for your airline. If you have tickets already, then they have to get you back somehow per the contract of carriage - they cant just leave you hanging. But it may be a day or more (depending on what they have available and what time your original flight was). How tight is your return flight from London?