Please sign in to post.

Bus 148 from Lancaster Gate Station

Ok so I actually was able to use TfL app, google maps and the one that was recommended to me by Claudia and others —. , I was able to use it. Sorry that I can not remember the name. I edit. Citymapper. Yes I used it

But now I am confused by the many results

I want to go from Lancaster Gate Station to Victoria Coach Station as simply and less confusing as possible

I do not mind if I take a bus or tube or even walk.

I think that I can take the 148 bus and get off at a stop that begins with a C or get off at Westminster and walk

I believe that I can take the Central line to The Circle line and then walk

Or I can walk towards the Serpentine and then keep walking past the Serpentine bridge . I think that I am capable of walking ,

I have walked to V and M. I have taken a couple of buses. I have taken the tube from and to Lancaster Gate Station

What is the simplest way for me to get to Victoria Coach Station from Lancaster Gate Station. I do not care about fastest. I care about simplest

And I can not afford a taxi.

Posted by
121 posts

From Number 63, I took the 148 to Camberwell Green and got off at the Bressenden Place stop and walked to Victoria Coach Station. I had to check CityMapper. I knew I took 148 but couldn’t remember the stop. (Edited for clarity)

Posted by
6116 posts

Cutting straight to the chase the easiest route is bus 148 which will have a destination of Camberwell Green on the front.

You get off at Bressenden Place (as you know by now all stops are audibly announced).

You will see the Victoria Palace Theatre in front of you. Cross over the road here, see Little Big Ben on the traffic island and Victoria Railway Station is straight in front of you.
Go into the Railway Station, bearing right, and up the escalators into the Shopping Centre as previously discussed on earlier threads. Get your lunch either in one of the many station take out places, or Boots or Sainsburys in the Mall. Out of the exit just past Sainsburys, cross the road, and straight on up Buckingham Palace Road. Victoria Coach Station is diagonally on your right at the next intersection.
This is a 10 minute walk maximum.

Writing it down makes it sound far more complicated than it is.

As someone else said on the other thread it is a lovely walk through the park, but we think it is too far for you in particular, with a suitcase.

If you wanted to get straight to the Coach Station and not use the Railway Station Shops then stay on the 148 one more stop to Westminster Roman Catholic Cathedral [NOT the Abbey], cross the street and catch a number 11 (destination Fulham Broadway)- that will set you down straight opposite the Coach Station entrance.

The Hopper Fare with an Oyster gives you a free transfer.

EDITED- Looking at your latest response on your other thread I am more convinced than ever that the walk through the park is not in your best interests, but would be for anyone who was fit.

Posted by
1946 posts

Isn31c

I believe that you have previously told me about Victoria Station. You wrote about the free toilets and places to eat before I go to the Coach Station

I plan to get there early to look around among other things

Posted by
1946 posts

Concerned

I would love to walk but would have a lot of difficulty with my suitcase. I could without a suitcase but slowly and needing to sit down a lot

For me, the bus will be like a sightseeing trip.

Posted by
1946 posts

Concerned

I am heading to Victoria Coach to take the bus to Southampton. Staying overnight and then cruising tomorrow

Posted by
1946 posts

Isn31

I am fit enough to walk through Hyde Park to Victoria Coach without a suitcase. I would have to walk slowly and sit down frequently but still capable

With a suitcase, it would be more difficult but still doable. I am tempted.

My cousin printed out tube instructions for me but I think that I will stick with the 148

There are almost too many options

Posted by
1946 posts

I think that I may try to walk after all. I am leaving about 8:30 am when people are trying to get to work and I have a suitcase.

Probably more comfortable for everyone if I try walking.

Posted by
6116 posts

Well if you feel up to the walk and the early morning rain has stopped, then good for you.

Which begs the question about whether you are walking or taking a taxi from hotel to cruise terminal on Saturday. You are leaving from the Horizon Terminal- the furthest of the three inside the main dock gate. I wouldn't to hesitate to walk, especially with all morning to do it, but then I am not you.

Posted by
1946 posts

isn31

I am here. I walked. And I am eating at a Pret very good salad at a very good price

I love the area around Victoria Station if I return, that is where I an next going to stay

I am going to walk from the Coach station to Ibis Budget later and tomorrow I am planning to walk t Horizon Terminal. Those are my plans. I expect that many persons on my ship will also be staying at Ibis and Ibis Budget

Posted by
6116 posts

So am I, and pleased the weather was good enough to allow it- indeed you have been blessed with good weather this week.

Was just looking and the ship is not full. If you were UK based and free to travel at no notice you could still book for departure tomorrow- for just £411 cruise only, or £610 Free at Sea. As Port Fees are £172 that is just under £24 per day, a stunning bargain, possibly the cheapest cruise I have ever seen.

Posted by
2430 posts

Oh good, I'm planning to stay near the Victoria Station area when I go next year. So glad to read you think it's a nice area.