Please sign in to post.

Buckingham Palace Tickets

What is the best way to buy advance tickets tour Buckingham Palace? Please recommend a website for best price and guarantee.
Does changing of the guard occur every day in August?
Is it best to buy Buckingham Palace and Mews combination ticket?
Or, is it better to buy the Buckingham Palace tour with exact entrance times and then chance getting tickets for the Mews that day which would offer some flexibility to the schedule?

Posted by
137 posts

The Mews ticket is part of the London Pass. We squeezed it in after visiting the Palace. Loved the Palace, were kinda lukewarm on the Mews. Liked seeing the carriages, the horses, and the magnificent gold coach. My husband and I believe we were in there about half an hour and saw everything.

Posted by
14482 posts

There are also guided tours of The Royal Mews which are quite interesting. There is no extra charge for them. I learned that the horses from the Royal Stable get to go on vacation to a stable out at Hampton Court in the summer! What fun! I did ask when I visited at Hampton Court is there was a way to see them but the answer was no.

https://www.rct.uk/visit/the-royal-mews-buckingham-palace/highlights-of-the-royal-mews#/#guidedtour

Be sure to use the Ladies' toilet at the Mews. The tiles in there are beautiful and it just makes me laugh to see such elegance in the "stable".

Definitely use the website Claudia gave. You will have a timed entry to Buckingham Palace, then you can walk around to the Mews any time you want. I can't imaging the Mews ever gets booked up if you decide to book it separately.