Please sign in to post.

British Museum

Me again. Having trouble booking freebie reservations for British Museum for October 19, 2023. Website won't let us. Shows nothing available after September, all the way til end of year. I'm wondering if this means they are completely booked after September, or if it means October is too far into the future and if I wait til next month October dates will open up. It's not that I'm cheap and don't want to pay, The issue is that I have recently developed hip issues and I find it difficult to keep up with a tour guide. I need to go at my own pace and see what I see as best I can. Getting old stinks, but it sure beats NOT getting old. Thx.

Posted by
16333 posts

Most likely they have not released the tickets for October and later yet. Or perhaps they are discontinuing the reservation system.

Posted by
81 posts

It's just not released yet - and it's nothing to worry about really. July will be much busier than October and there are still loads of tickets available for tomorrow (for example). Some occasional checking back will still sort you out

Posted by
782 posts

Is the reservation system a left-over from Covid days? I popped in a couple times last September 2022 with no difficulties.

I know some reservation procedures were introduced to UK museums after lockdowns in 2020 and even last fall, some of those procedures were still on the websites, but not necessarily being adhered to any longer.