Please sign in to post.

British Air

Looking into flying British Air Seattle to London in December 2022. Is about $1200 RT a fair price?
Seems high, but I'm flying during holiday time.

Posted by
8398 posts

I just checked Google flights for Seattle/London for two random dates in December and it was $850 roundtrip on Delta and Iceland Air. I think $1200 may be a bit high. You will also have fees for seat selection on British Airways so keep that in mind when comparing prices.

Posted by
111 posts

I find British Airways tends to skew higher for Dollar users, and my theory is the prices are based in £ rather than $.
For example, a $1200 flight is about £950.
Is the price individual, or for your travelling mate(s)?

Posted by
1140 posts

Web sites can usually tell where you are searching from, what browser you are using, and often even what sort of computer you are using. High-priced MacPros searching from high-income locations often yield higher ticket prices. Incognito windows may hide this, but I am not sure of that. Hopefully someone smarter than I will chime in.

Posted by
16333 posts

I just searched on the airline websites for the same dates ( Dec. 20-28) and came up with $997 on Delta ( non-refundable); add $200 for refundable fares ; and $901 on BA for Basic economy (hand baggage only) or $1051 for regular economy. Choosing seats in advance of check-in is extra for either fare.

Posted by
2512 posts

High-priced MacPros searching from high-income locations often yield higher ticket prices.

Very funny 😁

Posted by
3123 posts

That sounds like a good price for a flight with British Airways.

Posted by
457 posts

Incognito windows may hide this, but I am not sure of that

That, plus deleting cookies and disabling location tracking.

I just searched on the airline websites for the same dates ( Dec. 20-28) and came up with $997 on Delta

Same dates on AA (1 AA metal and 2 BA metal) is $1062 R/T nonstop basic economy (add approx $150-$200 for main cabin) ... I refreshed a few minutes later and it was $957 (same dates, same times) ... waited 2 more minutes and the next refresh showed $932 ... waited another 10 minutes and now back to $1062 ... so my advice is to keep checking and when you see a price point you are comfortable with, take it and don't look back.

Posted by
6788 posts

High-priced MacPros searching from high-income locations often yield higher ticket prices.

Only if "you're holding it wrong." 🤦‍♂️

Posted by
11189 posts

So searching from my "( mid 2012)" macbook, that was purchased as a refurb, should get me get me biz class for econ prices?

Actually, the best time to buy air tix is when you see Sasquatch riding a unicorn at sunset

Posted by
993 posts

It seems high to me. I don't think I've ever paid that much. Just keep looking, the prices change all time.

Posted by
20 posts

This seems high to me as well. I typically fly from the East Coast, but have helped family members on the west coast (southern California) buy tickets and we've always been able to get them for less than 1000. My trick is to check daily using an incognito browser, but that might be a little too intense for most folks.