Please sign in to post.

Blenheim Palace

Is it worth it to buy tickets to Blenheim Palace ahead of time? Is it easy enough to purchase them the same day, or is there ever a line to buy tickets and/or do they ever sell out?

Posted by
5326 posts

You also get a discount by arriving by bus

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks! Yes, we are taking a train to Oxford and then probably taking an Uber or taxi there. That's part of the reason why I'm asking - it would be nice to get the discount on tickets, but if it's going to result in a long line to wait for tickets, or possibly not being to get in at all (if it sells out - not sure if that ever happens?), then I'd rather pay the extra money to buy the tickets in advance and then have more time to explore the palace and grounds.

Posted by
6507 posts

When we visited there it was in September and there was no line for anything.

Posted by
973 posts

I have a question in connection regarding a day trip in September from Victoria Station, combining a walking tour of Oxford with a look at the Ashmolean, then ubering to Blenheim. I have had a walking tour there before, but wonder how long a good look at Blenheim might take- 2 hours plus a turn around the gardens?
Would a wise use of time be to spend 4-5 hours in Oxford, then mid afternoon Blenheim, then a late train back to Victoria? Many thanks.

Posted by
5507 posts

If you change your mind about the uber, the bus leaves right from the Oxford train station. A return ticket is 5 GBP and then you save 30% at Blenheim when you show your bus ticket.

In May, I bought my ticket on arrival. There were only a couple of people ahead of me in the queue, but I have no idea if this was typical. I also booked the Formal Gardens tour (free, but uou have to sign up) https://www.blenheimpalace.com/visitus/what-to-do/walking-tour.html
and the Downstairs tour (5 GBP) https://www.blenheimpalace.com/visitus/what-to-do/downstairs-tour.html

I enjoyed the Garden tour and Downstairs tour more than the formal rooms of the palace that I toured with the audioguide. The specialty tours do have a limited number of places, but I don’t think the regular sites are limited.

Posted by
2775 posts

It takes several hours to see everything at Blenheim Palace.

Posted by
7642 posts

We spent half a day at Blenheim, since it takes some time to see the grounds as well. We didn't buy tickets in advance.

Posted by
6507 posts

If you have a rental car, as long as you’re there, drive the mile or so to see Churchill’s grave at St. Martin’s church, Bladon.

Posted by
3992 posts

I took the train to Oxford and then hopped on a bus right at the train station. It was not only convenient but the bus driver was selling Blenheim Palace tickets at a 30% discount.