Please sign in to post.

Beatles Tours in Liverpool

Which are the best Beatles Tours in Liverpool for 3 people?

Posted by
524 posts

This was pre-pandemic, but my husband and son did a tour with Fab Four Taxi Tours and loved it. The driver/guide, who brought his dog along, was as memorable as the tour. Looking at their website, it looks like their tours accommodate up to six guests.

Posted by
35 posts

We did the Beatles Magical Mystery Bus Tour last year in July. Buy your tickets online ahead of time. It was awesome! We saw all the Beatles sites such as the Beatles' childhood homes, penny lane, strawberry fields, etc. The guide was so informative and they played Beatles songs on the bus. I learned so much about the Fab Four!

Posted by
1327 posts

The National Trust tour is the only one that gets you into John's and Paul's childhood homes. When I did that tour, the docent at Paul's house was the same one who was there when Paul and James Corden showed up filming Carpool Karaoke and it was a delight hearing about her thoughts about meeting Paul that day. If you're a huge Beatles fan, the National Trust tour is the one to do.

Posted by
100 posts

We were in Liverpool in May with our adult daughter, who also is a serious fan. We did Magical Mystery Tour, and while I thought it would be fun but maybe a little cheesy, I was surprised at how informative it was. The guide was from Liverpool from back in the day and offered so much info, it felt like a deep look into the city back then, their childhood, and other factoids we were fascinated to learn. As fun as that was, will say our time spent at Cavern Club was the best. We could imagine what it must have been like, sang along with everyone else and just wallowed in Beatles' songs and images for a few hours. Of course we bought a bunch of T-shirts, a hat, and some photos to frame and when we realized we'd picked a wrong size we went back to the Cavern just a bit before opening the next morning (had a train to catch). I asked if I could dash down the stairs to exchange. The understanding woman let me in and I was the only tourist inside for a precious couple of minutes and an employee quickly let me get a better size. Small thing, but it meant alot.
We also got a beer at The Grapes, nearby, and met some locals who had some fun stories about living there in the 1960s or so...
The two nights in Liverpool felt like a decent pilgrimage to make, honoring the major impact these four lads made on our childhoods. I'm sure the other tours are great as well, and maybe the answer is to just make sure you do one and soak it all in!

Posted by
87 posts

I took the magical mystery tour bus last October and it was great in the many ways people have described. My one complaint is that some small locations like Strawberry field get crowded when they stop the bus and everyone gets off to get a selfie in front of the sign and gate. It's a big bus so by the time you get off and wait to get close enough to see or get a photo it's time to get back on the bus. But I guess it's really the only way to see all the main spots in a couple hours. I guess if one has the time one can always visit all the sites individually via bus or cab and spend as much time as you want, but for most people that is probably not a realistic option.