Please sign in to post.

BATH - Jane Austen Parade Sat 14 September, 2024.

Just a reminder that the Jane Austen Parade with people in Regency dress takes place on Saturday 14 September 2024. The parade with start from Sydney Gardens - behind the Holburne Museum at 11am.
More details here.

Posted by
14544 posts

This is such fun to watch! Years ago when I was doing the RS Best of England tour I scheduled it so I could be there the 1st weekend of the Festival. Such fun! It would be fun to watch them come across Pulteney Bridge!

Posted by
34 posts

Is there anything else you'd recommend during the Jane Austen Festival in Bath?

Posted by
14544 posts

I signed up for a session on Regency ladies purses with tea afterwards which was interesting. It was in a private home which was Georgian. I don’t remember how much it cost. I also did some kind of market in the city center.

The JA Centre also offered a JA related walking tour which was fun.

On my own I walked up to Prior Park to see the garden plus the Georgian Palladian Bridge feature.

Editing to add: I went pre-Covid so I only had to sign up for the purse session ahead of time. Looking quickly at the website it looks like most things are book ahead now. They’ve also added a lot more activities!

Posted by
2536 posts

I have just got back from the parade and it was wonderful. Some of the participants were foreigners so not sure how they heard about it? Some of the tourists in town for the day were not aware that this free to watch event was taking place. Wonderful weather with blue skies and about 20C. Bath was really packed today with locals and tourists.

Posted by
14544 posts

I'm so glad you enjoyed the parade! I thought it was so cool to see the period costumes against the backdrop of the Georgian architecture of Bath. It really puts you into a Regency or Georgian novel, lol!!