Please sign in to post.

Bath extension on Best of South England 2024 tour?

For those who have visited Bath or have been on the RS Best of South England tour…. Share your feedback on spending an additional day or 2 to explore Bath on our own.
Thanks so much!
Tess

Posted by
228 posts

We did the Best of England Tour this past June. Looking at the itinerary for your tour, without going into specifics, I would say you should stay at least another night on your own and have the full day and night after the final breakfast.

Posted by
8420 posts

Do not stay an additional night in the tour hotel if it is still the Henrietta House. It was not satisfactory and many of our tour members were not happy with this hotel. It would be worth it to change to a new hotel.

The tour itself was great. I had visited Bath before so I didn't need any extra days, but if this is your first time, that is a great idea.

Posted by
4894 posts

Have been to Bath a couple of times and still haven't seen or done it all. If this is your first trip there, spending an extra two nights will give you two full days on your on to enjoy this wonderful city. You will not regret it. Would move there if we could.

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks and we booked two additional nights at the Brooks Guest House in Bath.

Posted by
4894 posts

Brooks is a great place to stay as you can walk to everything. If you like seafood, check out the Scallop Shell. Also consider having tea at The Pump Room.

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks for the recommendations and will definitely try to make reservations!
Tess

Posted by
150 posts

The Brooks Guest House is a great place to stay in Bath, breakfast, location is very convenient to walking in Bath. Enjoy!